During the three-day Starburst Junior Golf Classic tournament, players compete on golf courses throughout Central Texas. Girls ages 7-10 and Boys ages 7-9 play nine holes Monday through Wednesday. Girls 11-Championship and Boys 10-Championship play 18 holes Monday through Wednesday. The 2018 schedule will be released February 20, 2018.
Kick Off Activities on Sunday, June 10, 2018
NOTE: Below is a schedule of activities leading up to the Starburst Junior Golf Classic. All activities will be hosted on Sunday, June 10 at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course.
- Location: Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Registration: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- *Pending* Registration Activities: Pick up player swag bag, program, tournament pairings and all Caddie apparel
- Starburst Store will be open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- *Pending* Par 3 Tournament – 2 Person Scramble: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (1 participant and 1 non-participant. Team consists of one Starburst player and his/her parent/guardian/grandparent/etc . . . a fun way to involve the family! Awards given for division winners!)
- Dinner (Complimentary): 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- *Pending* College Coach Q&A: 6 p.m. (immediately before the Golf Ball Drop)
- The Greater Waco Chamber’s Helicopter Golf Ball Drop: 7 p.m.
- About the Drop: We are proud to present a spectacular Helicopter Golf Ball Drop during the 19th Annual Starburst Junior Golf Classic. $2,000 doesn’t just fall from the sky . . . it falls from a helicopter! The annual Helicopter Golf Ball Drop, sponsored by H-E-B, will follow dinner Sunday night at 7 p.m. A maximum of 1,300 golf balls will be raffled off for $5 each prior to the ball drop. Then, the numbered golf balls will be dropped from a helicopter onto the practice green at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course. Proceeds benefit the Starburst Junior Golf Classic.