During the two-day Starburst Junior Golf Classic, players will compete one round at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course and one round at Ridgewood Country Club. Division course assignments will be confirmed one week prior to the tournament.
On both tournament days, at both courses, the driving range will open from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for warm-up.
Kick Off Activities on Sunday, June 16, 2019, at the Cottonwood Creek Golf Course.
- Location: Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Registration: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Pick up player swag bag, program and tournament pairings.
- Starburst Store: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.- Purchase Starburst items, swag and more!
- Par 3 Tournament – 2 Person Scramble: 12 p.m. (noon) – 4 p.m. (1 participant and 1 non-participant. To celebrate Father’s Day, the teams will consist of one Starburst player and his/her father/guardian/grandfather/etc. This is a fun way to involve the family! Awards are given to division winners. Sign up to participate on the day of the registration, spots are first-come, first served.
- Rules Seminar: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m – led by NTPGA and golf course professionals.
- Complimentary Dinner: 5 to 7 p.m. (only on Sunday!)
- Scholarship Drawing: 5:30 p.m. – The Greater Waco Chamber and Northern Texas PGA are proud to provide two Starburst Junior Golf Classic participants with a $2,500 college scholarship. All tournament participants who have completed their junior or senior year of high school during the spring of 2019 will be entered into a drawing for two $2,500 scholarships. The tournament participant must be present at the drawing in order to receive the scholarship. The scholarship drawing will take place during dinner at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course on Sunday, June 16.
- College Chat: 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Pavilion
- The Greater Waco Chamber’s Helicopter Golf Ball Drop: 7 p.m. Following the College Chat – We are proud to present a spectacular Helicopter Golf Ball Drop during the 2019 Annual Starburst Junior Golf Classic. The annual Helicopter Golf Ball Drop will follow the College Chat Sunday night at 7 p.m. A maximum of 1,300 golf balls will be raffled off for $5 each prior to the ball drop on Sunday during player registration. Then, the numbered golf balls will be dropped from a helicopter onto the practice green at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course. Proceeds benefit the Starburst Junior Golf Classic.