Bookmark StarburstGolf.com and return often for tournament updates and player listings.
Who Can Play
Starburst is open to all boys and girls ages 7-18 as of June 12, 2017. Players do not have to qualify to participate. College players who have not reached the age of 19 by June 12, 2017 are eligible to play. All players will be notified of their acceptance in the tournament by email after receiving the entry in Waco.
Starburst Policy regarding American’s with Disability Act Accommodations for Competitions (click here)
Request for Golf Cart Use (click here)
Request for Pull Cart Use (click here)
Pace of Play
We want the pace of play to be a positive feature and we will continue to make improvements. We will emphasize the pace of play for both the players and the caddies. We will use USGA standards for monitoring the pace.
Players wanting to “play up” must register in the division they want to play. The division you select during registration is the division you will be placed.
Girls: 7-8 9-10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Championship
Boys: 7-8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Championship
Division Status’: Open, Waiting List, and Closed
AJGA PBE status will be awarded to our Championship and 12 thru 17 Age Divisions. For more information on the AJGA PBE system, please visit the AJGA web site by clicking here.
Click here for the 2016 Starburst Junior Golf Classic AJGA Performance Based Entry.
Boys 7-9 and Girls 7-10 • $215
Boys 10-Championship • $230
Girls 11-Championship • $230
Each player will receive a unique tournament gift and range balls prior to each round. Complimentary range balls will be available 75 minutes prior to each tee time.
$200 refunds will be granted for withdrawals by email if we are notified prior to April 4. A $100 refund will be granted if we are contacted by email prior to May 16. No refunds will be granted if we are contacted May 16 or after. The Starburst Junior Golf Classic committee appreciates your understanding of this matter. There is a $25 service fee for all entries received. No refunds due to acts of nature.
Waiting List Policy
Waiting List players will be notified by email when we have an opening in their respective division to confirm registration. Don’t give up hope if you are on the Waiting List. We will have players on the Waiting List make it into the tournament.
If you are placed on a waiting list and you make it into the tournament you will be held responsible to the following refund policy: $200 refunds will be granted for withdrawals if we are notified prior to April 4. An $100 refund will be granted if we are contacted prior to May 16. No refunds will be granted if we are contacted May 16 or after. The Starburst Junior Golf Classic committee appreciates your understanding of this matter. A $25 service fee is applied for all entries received.
If you want to be removed from the waiting list, you must email us at Amanda Haygood.
Girls ages 7-10 and Boys ages 7-9 will play nine holes Monday through Wednesday. Girls 11-Championship and Boys 10-Championship will play 18 holes Monday through Wednesday. To review the tournament schedule click here.
Awards are based on the number of participants per age group (minimum of three awarded per age group with a maximum of one trophy for every 10 players).
Example: In one age group of 80 participants, 8 trophies will be awarded.
Yes, Caddies Are Allowed! Caddies may be relatives, friends, etc. Caddies may rent a cart to carry the player’s bag, but the player must walk. Spectators cannot ride with caddies.
Caddies will be required to wear either an “official caddie” T-shirt or caddie bib. There will be no exceptions and this applies to all three days. If you need more than one item for all three days, please order with your registration.
Caddie apparel that has been ordered must be picked up on Sunday at Cottonwood from noon to 6 p.m. There will be no distribution of caddie apparel at any of the nine courses.
Activities on Sunday, June 11, 2017
Below is a schedule of activities leading up to the Starburst Junior Golf Classic. All activities will be hosted on Sunday, June 11 at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course.
- Location: Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Registration: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Registration Activities: Pick up player swag bag, program, tournament pairings and all Caddie apparel
- Starburst Store will be open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Par 3 Tournament – 2 Person Scramble: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (1 participant and 1 non-participant. Team consists of one Starburst player and his/her parent/guardian/grandparent/etc . . . a fun way to involve the family! Awards given for division winners!)
- Dinner (Complimentary): 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- College Coach Q&A: 6 p.m. (immediately before the Golf Ball Drop)
- The Greater Waco Chamber’s Helicopter Golf Ball Drop: 7 p.m.
- About the Drop: We are proud to present a spectacular Helicopter Golf Ball Drop during the 19th Annual Starburst Junior Golf Classic. $2,000 doesn’t just fall from the sky . . . it falls from a helicopter! The annual Helicopter Golf Ball Drop, sponsored by H-E-B, will follow dinner Sunday night at 7 p.m. A maximum of 1,300 golf balls will be raffled off for $5 each prior to the ball drop. Then, the numbered golf balls will be dropped from a helicopter onto the practice green at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course. Proceeds benefit the Starburst Junior Golf Classic.