The Starburst Junior Golf Classic tournament will be played on four area courses over a three-day period. Detailed information about each course can be found below. Click the links below for driving directions and maps to each golf course.
Cottonwood Creek Golf Course is a public course, owned and operated by the city of Waco. Cottonwood is the home course for the Starburst Junior Golf Classic. They have a Par Rating of 72; Course Rating of 73.8 (gold tees); and feature Tifdwarf Bermuda greens.
5200 Bagby Ave., Waco, TX 76711
Tel: (254) 745-6009 or Fax: (254) 745-6017
Ridgewood Country Club is a private golf club. All players must wear a collared shirt, and no denim is allowed. It has a Par Rating of 70; Course Ratings are Black 72.1/128, White 70.6/125, Gold 75.2/132; and the greens are bent.
“The members here at Ridgewood Country Club are in full support of Junior Golf and the Starburst Junior Classic.” ~James, Ridgewood Country Club
7301 Fish Pond Rd., Waco, TX 76710
Tel: (254) 772-2050 or Fax: (254) 772-4740
Cottonwood Creek Golf Course: Sunday, June 16
NOTE: Below is a schedule of activities leading up to the Starburst Junior Golf Classic. All activities will be hosted on Sunday, June 16 at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course.
- Location: Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Registration: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Registration Activities: Pick up player swag bag, program, and tournament pairings.
- Starburst Store will be open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Par 3 Tournament – 2 Person Scramble: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (1 participant and 1 non-participant. Team consist of one Starburst player and his/her parent/guardian/grandparent/etc . . . a fun way to involve the family! Awards given for division winners!)
- Dinner (Complimentary): 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- College Chat: 6 p.m. (immediately before the Golf Ball Drop)
- The Greater Waco Chamber’s Helicopter Golf Ball Drop: 7 p.m.
- About the Drop: We are proud to present a spectacular Helicopter Golf Ball Drop during the 20th Annual Starburst Junior Golf Classic. $2,000 doesn’t just fall from the sky . . . it falls from a helicopter! The annual Helicopter Golf Ball Drop, sponsored by H-E-B, will follow dinner Sunday night at 7 p.m. A maximum of 1,300 golf balls will be raffled off for $5 each prior to the ball drop. Then, the numbered golf balls will be dropped from a helicopter onto the practice green at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course. Proceeds benefit the Starburst Junior Golf Classic.