The Starburst Junior Golf Classic tournament will be played on six area courses over a three-day period. Detailed information about each course can be found below. Click the links below for driving directions and maps to each golf course.
Cottonwood Creek Golf Course is a public course, owned and operated by the city of Waco. Cottonwood is the home course for the Starburst Junior Golf Classic. They have a Par Rating of 72; Course Rating of 73.8 (gold tees); and feature Tifdwarf Bermuda greens.
5200 Bagby Ave., Waco, TX 76711
Tel: (254) 745-6009 or Fax: (254) 745-6017
The Lake Waco Golf Club is an 18-hole regulation course located on 256 acres on the shore of Lake Waco. It has a Par Rating of 72 and Course Rating of 71.4.
“When I bought Lake Waco Golf Club I knew that it was one of the original host courses for Starburst. The condition of the course had become unacceptable. We have brought the golf course back to top condition. It was our pleasure to host the 2014 Starburst Tournament.” ~Bob Richards, Lake Waco CC
5608 Flat Rock Rd., Waco, TX 76708
Tel: (254) 756-2161
Ridgewood Country Club is a private golf club. All players must wear a collared shirt, and no denim is allowed. It has a Par Rating of 70; Course Ratings are Black 72.1/128, White 70.6/125, Gold 75.2/132; and the greens are bent.
“The members here at Ridgewood Country Club are in full support of Junior Golf and the Starburst Junior Classic.” ~James, Ridgewood Country Club
7301 Fish Pond Rd., Waco, TX 76710
Tel: (254) 772-2050 or Fax: (254) 772-4740
Stonetree Golf Club is a public course in Killeen. It has a Par Rating of 72 and Course Ratings are Blue 71.5/123, White 69.0/120, Red 73.3/124
“The entire staff at Stonetree Golf Club in Killeen is excited to be a host site for the 2014 Starburst Junior Golf Classic. Practice rounds for 2014 competitors are available through tee times (assigned seven days in advance) at our junior rate of $11, and our Agronomy division should have the course in excellent shape. Good luck to all the 2014 competitors.” ~Brad, Stonetree Golf Club
1600 Stonetree Dr., Killeen, TX 76543 Tel: (254) 501-6570 or Fax: (254) 501-6579
Twin Rivers Golf Club was designed by PGA Tour Professional Peter Jacobsen and PGA Member Jim Hardy.
100 Bear Ridge Dr., Waco, TX 76712
White Bluff Golf Club is a private golf club. All players must wear a collared shirt, and no denim is allowed. Rated 4 stars by Golf Digest, White Bluff’s Championship Golf Courses are consistently ranked in the TOP 10 Best Resorts Courses in the state. It features a Par Rating of 72; Course Rating of 75.5/144; and features bent greens.
“White Bluff looks forward to be part of Starburst year after year and best of luck to all the players.” ~Steve, White Bluff Resort
Misty Valley Circle, Whitney, TX 76692
Tel: (254) 694-0304
Cottonwood Creek Golf Course: Sunday, June 11
NOTE: Below is a schedule of activities leading up to the Starburst Junior Golf Classic. All activities will be hosted on Sunday, June 11 at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course.
- Location: Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Registration: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Registration Activities: Pick up player swag bag, program, tournament pairings and all Caddie apparel
- Adidas/Oakley/Puma product tents will be located next to the driving range
- Starburst Store will be open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course
- Dinner (Complimentary): 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Par 3 shootout, sponsored by Titleist & Cottonwood, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Long Drive Contest, sponsored by Adidas, Taylormade & Cottonwood, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- College Coach Q&A: 6 p.m. (immediately before the Golf Ball Drop)
- The Greater Waco Chamber’s Helicopter Golf Ball Drop: 7 p.m.
- About the Drop: We are proud to present a spectacular Helicopter Golf Ball Drop during the 19th Annual Starburst Junior Golf Classic. $2,000 doesn’t just fall from the sky . . . it falls from a helicopter! The annual Helicopter Golf Ball Drop, sponsored by H-E-B, will follow dinner Sunday night at 7 p.m. A maximum of 1,300 golf balls will be raffled off for $5 each prior to the ball drop. Then, the numbered golf balls will be dropped from a helicopter onto the practice green at Cottonwood Creek Golf Course. Proceeds benefit the Starburst Junior Golf Classic.